Danang to Hoi An – The ultimate transportation guide 2019
Around 30km south from Danang, Hoi An is a quintessential must-visit destination when traveling to the Centre part of Vietnam. There is not yet an airport or train station that services Hoi An Town, but don’t worry we have more to suggest on how to get from Danang to Hoi An for each person’s need that will save you time and leave you stress-free.
Danang to Hoi An by public bus
With only 18,000-30,000 VND/ticket/1 way purchased on spot, the public bus is the cheapest travel option to get between Danang to Hoi An. Although it will take a bit longer, about 70-80 minutes to travel but it is the most popular method for adventurous guests who are seeking for an authentic experience.
Bus number 1 will commute you directly from Danang to Hoi An, starting from 5:30AM and ending at 6:00PM with a frequency of 1 bus every 20 minutes. You can easily hop on one of those recognizable yellow buses at every stop in Danang:
- From Danang: Danang Bus Station – Ton Duc Thang – Dien Bien Phu – Le Duan – Tran Phu – Trung Nu Vuong – Duy Tan – Nguyen Van Troi Bridge – Ngu Hanh Son (Marble Mountains) – Le Van Hien – Hoi An Bus Station
- From Hoi An: Hoi An Bus Station – Le Van Hien – Ngu Hanh Son (Marble Mountains) – Nguyen Van Troi Bridge – Bach Dang – Phan Dinh Phung – Yen Bai – Le Duan – Dien Bien Phu – Ton Đuc Thang – Danang Bus Station.
You can use Google Map to pinpoint the nearest bus stop close to your stay.
A small tip for our readers: on the way to Hoi An, the bus will pass by Marble Mountains (Ngu Hanh Son) – a group of 5 limestone hills that present Vietnamese’s belief and culture, you can stop by for a couple of hours to pay a visit then continue to hit the road on the next bus.
The bus Station is located 2km away from Hoi An ancient town, although there are plenty of taxies to take you there or you can walk for another 20 minutes.
It is considered that the public taxi is the easiest and most convenient way to travel from Danang to Hoi An. If you travel with family, especially with kids and elders, hail a taxi without prior arrangement is the best choice given that it could be a little pricey (around 350,000 - 450,000VND/1 round or 450,000 - 550,000VND/2 rounds).
A taxi from Danang Airport to Hoi An takes about 45-55 minutes. Just name the location and leave it to your driver to take you just about anywhere. Comfortable seats, spacious luggage trunk and despite of weather conditions! Just make sure the driver use the meter to avoid scams and choose a well-known taxi brand, preferably:
- Taxi Mai Linh: 018.104.22.168.56
- Taxi Tien Sa: 022.214.171.124.79
- Taxi Song Han: 0126.96.36.199.72
- Taxi VinaSun: 0188.8.131.52.68
- Taxi Mai Linh Hoi An: 0184.108.40.206.92
- Taxi Hoi An: 0235.3.919.919
- Taxi Faifo Hoi An: 0220.127.116.11.91
There is also a newly-launched service that is a lot more cost-effective if you travel alone: DiChungtaxi (a.k.a shared taxi) where you can share a taxi with other people heading the same way and share the fee. Grab Car is also favourable in Danang and Hoi An, they are like Uber and offering similar services. There’s probably a chance that your booking can be cancelled last minute but it helps you avoid being scammed since their pricing is fixed based on the package you select.
Travel from Hoi An to Danang by Private car
Renting a private car is an ideal option for family vacations or groups of friends. It’s fast, comfortable and you can stop anywhere on the way. With 30km length in distance, the cost for a private transfer can be cheaper than public taxies, around 220,000 VND for a 4-seat car from Danang to Hoi An or vice versa (Hoi An to Danang Airport).
You can choose a full package service including a driver if you are not familiar with the way or don’t want to search up the map.
There are 4 common routes from Danang to Hoi An:
- Route no.1: follow Truong Sa street to Vo Nguyen Giap/Lac Long Quan and turn at Hoi An Town.
- Route no.2: follow Vo Chi Cong street to Vo Nguyen Giap/Lac Long Quan and turn at Hoi An Town.
- Route no.3: follow 1A Highway 27 km to the south to Vinh Dien street, turn left to Huynh Thuc Khang and enter Hoi An Town.
- Route no.4: follow Le Van Hien street and Danang – Hoian highway to Hoi An Town.
Danang to Hoi An by Motorbike
Travelling from Danang to Hoi An by motorbike is cheap, flexible, adventurous and exciting. It’s the most popular form of transportation in Vietnam. The road from Danang to Hoian is wide, safe and takes only 45-50 minutes to travel. Rental fee is about 80,000 – 100,000VND/vehicle/day.
If you choose this method, please be careful and make sure you have experience with riding a motorbike. Check the motorbike carefully whether it’s in good condition and pinpoint gas stations on the way before you hit the road.
Last but not least, we have an exclusive offer for Private Airport / Railway limousine service and is available at VND 450,000nett/4seat car/way; VND550,000nett/7seat car/way; VND 650,000nett/16seat Van.
Now you have all the necessary information for your trip, pack your things and let’s get it rolling!